Explore the first city built by Europeans in sub-Saharan Africa: Cidade Velha. Enrich your knowledge of the history of colonization and slavery in Cape Verde, take in the city's highlights, and enjoy the views from the top of the Royal Fortress.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, French, Portuguese
- Pickup included
- Pickup from your accommodation in Praia.
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
What to bring
Know before you go
- Shared Group Tour option is subject to a minimum of 2 participants. In the event that the minimum number is not met, we reserve the right to propose an alternative date; to charge an extra fee to run the tour privately or to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund.
- Note that the São Filipe Fortress is closed on holidays.