Experience the wonder and magic of Antarctica without leaving Christchurch at one of New Zealand’s best, award-winning tourist attractions. It’s quite possibly the closest you’ll get to Antarctica without mounting your own expedition.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Valid 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
International Antarctic Centre, 38 Orchard Road, between Memorial Avenue and Wairakei Road, Christchurch, New Zealand.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Audio guides are available in English, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Thai, German, French, and Spanish for NZD $10.00
- The Penguin Express Shuttle is not currenty available. Visitors can easily take public transportation to the attraction
- The Hagglund Ride is not recommended for pregnant visitors or those with heart conditions, back or neck pain. Children under 5 years may ride, at parent’s discretion, and must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 3 are not permitted to ride
- The 4D movies include realistic 3D imagery and 4D special effects of seat movement, water spray, air bursts, and bubbles. Viewer discretion is advised for those suffering from neck or back pain, epilepsy or heart conditions. The show is considered suitable for all ages and parental discretion is recommended for children under 5 years