9. Koh Samui: Customized Private Island Excursion by Car
Get your tour tailor made to your wishes and needs. On a private tour, almost anything is possible!
• Your first destination is the famous rock formation of Hin Ta & Hin Yai, meaning grandfather and grandmother, located at the idyllic emerald Sea. Ask your guide about the Thai legend of this extraordinary rock formation
• Visit Lamai View Point and see the Valentine Stone, shaped like a heart set in beautiful garden, where you will also have the chance to enjoy fish spa. Take a 10 minute walk through the beautiful garden to enjoy the views of the eastern coast of Koh Samui. You even don't have to climb to the top! Sit back and let the only “cable car” on Koh Samui bring you up to the viewpoint!
• Visit Guan Yu shrine featuring a massive copy of Guan Yu’s head, an important landmark. Guan Yu played a significant role during the civil war, which lead to the demise of the Han Dynasty
• After a short drive you will arrive to the mummified monk temple, another amazing and unique attraction of the Koh Samui. This place, too, has an original story to tell
• Go for a jungle walk along a dense jungle path, which leads to the Namuang Waterfall. Here you can enjoy the beautiful cascade and surroundings, or swim in the natural pools
• Stop for lunch in a nice Thai restaurant to enjoy a traditional Thai lunch
• Visit Samui’s One Tambon One Product coconut carved furniture factory, where you you’ll see workers using simple traditional tools to make wonderful coconut dishes
• Before heading back to your hotel you may visit Big Buddha, or Wat Phra Yai, located on a small rocky islet connected to Ko Samui by a long, dirt causeway
• The final destination is a remarkable temple, Wat Plai Laem, with a main statue of Guanyin, the goddess of compassion and mercy. Designed in the Chinese style, the striking figure sits on a platform surrounded by the temple lake and features 18 arms that fan out from the seated statue’s lap to above her elegant head