10. From Reims: Gold Champagne Experience with 12 Tastings
- In Aÿ-Champagne : You will discover the historic hillsides of Aÿ which are classified as World Heritage Site by Unesco and its Grand Cru vineyards.
Do you know that the village of Aÿ was the main center of the Champagne industry and still has a very special place ?
The kings of France had their own presses there from the 16th century and the wines of Champagne were formerly called "Wines of Aÿ".
This is where I will take you to discover the historic village and its famous vineyard where I will tell you about the work of the vines, the grape varieties, this exceptional Terroir, sustainable viticulture.
We will stop in front of the headquarters of famous Champagne Houses of Aÿ such as Bollinger, Deutz, Ayala.
You will also taste the 3 famous Champagne spirits from the Goyard Distillery in Aÿ, the 1st founded in 1911 : Ratafia de Champagne, Fine de la Marne and Marc de Champagne.
- In Hautvillers : We will stop in this unmissable village to enjoy one of the most beautiful panoramic views of Champagne, in the vineyard exactly where Dom Pérignon conducted his experiments.
It is the ideal place in the heart of the vineyards to take unforgettable photos of you and this breathtaking landscape!
We will visit the first of the 2 families of independent producers/growers that you will discover during this day with explanations of the champagne production process, visit of the presses, wineries and cellars.
You will taste there, during a commented tasting, 3 different Champagnes mainly composed of Pinot Noir (depending on the season and availability, this visit/tastings may take place in a village of the "Côte des Blancs" or in Aÿ-Champagne).
We will also visit the church of Dom Pérignon where he officiated for 40 years and where he now rests forever.
- "Avenue de Champagne" in Epernay : Another must-see Champagne Unesco World Heritage Site that we will cross.
It is considered the most expensive 'Avenue in the world' with its prestigious Champagne houses, its mansions and its 100 kilometers of cellars which hide 200 million bottles.
- In Cramant : Cramant is a famous village of the "Côte des Blancs" called the "Kingdom of Chardonnay Grand Cru".
For lunch, we have selected for you Champagne and dining bars appreciated by the locals in order to share this convivial moment.
- In Oger : Oger is another renowned Grand Cru village of the "Côte des Blancs" with the famous "Blanc de Blancs" 100% Chardonnay Grand Cru.
To join it, we will pass in front of the largest bottles factory and near the famous "Chateau de Saran" as well as the "Montaigu Site" dedicated to the champagne making of Moët & Chandon.
In Oger, we will visit one of the 2 families of independent producers/growers of the day.
You will taste many 100% Grand Cru Champagnes with tasting advices : Min. of 3 tastings per person to discover the different "Blanc de Blancs" such as natural Champagne without dosage, from old vines, vintage or even aged in oak barrels.