Spend a half-day discovering geological features of the Etna volcano including lava streams, volcanic caves, and craters. You’ll take a hike to see the features of a recent lava flow, and enter a volcanic cave to learn how tunnel flows are created.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Italian
- Pickup optional
- Pick-up at Catania by AST public bus at 8:15 AM at the bus station near Piazza Giovanni 23.
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
- Hike along a trail on Etna to see a recent lava flow
- Enter a volcanic cava to see how a tunnel flow is built
- Observe a volcanic crater from inside and outside
- Taste locally made products
- Helmets with head lamps (for volcanic cave visit)
- Tickets for the cable way, museums, adventure parks and anything else not included in the item "what's included"
- Pregnant women
- Wheelchair users
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- If weather conditions are not good or there are potential hazards, the tour may be canceled
- This option only includes pick-up from the Catania area. For pick-up outside of the booked option extra charges will apply