Get outside the walls of Rome and into the ancient tunnels of its catacombs. Enjoy a 3-hour tour that gives you a unique perspective on ancient Rome that you won't experience in the city center.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
- Explore some of the ancient catacombs built to house the dead of Rome, including the Catacombs of St. Callixtus
- View the exterior of the Mausoleum of Cecilia Metella
- Walk a portion of the old Appian Way and admire the ancient Roman aqueducts
- See some of the earliest examples of Christian art
- Transport from and to the meeting point
- 3-hour guided tour
- Guided tour to the Catacombs of St.Callixtus
- Entrance and booking fees
- Pick up from hotels
- People with claustrophobia
- Wheelchair users
You must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
- You will receive a mandatory temperature check
- All participants who are over 12 years old must present one of the following: proof of full vaccination, proof of first vaccination administered at least 15 days ago, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
The meeting point is at the bus stop at Via Cavour 224. The nearest metro station is Cavour (line B). Please remember to show up 25 minutes before the tour departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- Please note that this tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Catacomb tour is not recommended if you suffer from severe claustrophobia.
- The taking of photographs is not permitted in the Catacombs.
- Proper dress is required to enter places of worship: no shorts or sleeveless tops allowed for either men or women. For ladies, shoulders must be covered and skirts or trousers must be below knee-level.
- Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 5 participants, and may be rescheduled or cancelled (with a full refund) if there are not enough participants on a particular day. You will be informed in advance if this is the case.