Take the ferry to Robben Island from Cape Town and visit the prison where Nelson Mandela was kept during Apartheid. Learn about the dramatic history of South Africa from one of the former prisoners.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- The pickup point will be: Camps Bay, Sea Point, Green Point, City Centre (CBD, Gardens, Tamboerskloof, Oranjezicht), Woodstock, Waterfront. If you are staying outside the pickup area, you will have to make arrangements with the local partner to get your ticket within the pickup area. If you are staying at the Waterfront, please be aware you will be charged for transportation anyways. Consider booking the ticket directly with the island.
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Passport, copy accepted
Know before you go
- The ferry to Robben Island is subject to weather and sometimes trips get canceled. In case of cancellation, you will be able to reschedule directly at the Robben Island ticket counter (subject to availability) or apply for a refund to GetYourGuide
- For rescheduled tickets you will have to make your own way to the waterfront
- The activity provider may phone you shortly before the tour. When booking, please make sure to provide your number