Experience the best of Mount Cook as you hike and fly on New Zealand's highest glacier on this thrilling excursion.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 12 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Czech
- Hike on New Zealand's highest glacier
- Enjoy panoramic views of Mount Cook on a helicopter flight
- Admire the crystal-clear blue waters of Lake Pukaki
- Visit the quaint village of Omarama
- Sample some of the freshest fish in New Zealand at High Country Salmon
Discover everything the beautiful Mount Cook and Tasman Glacier area has to offer on a guided small-group full-day trip from Queenstown. Meet your small group early in the morning and hop on the minivan which will take you to the Tasman Glacier, stopping at some of the area's most iconic sights along the way. Make your way through the Kawarau Gorge, passing the Kawarau Suspension Bridge and of course the famous Roaring Meg Lookout.
Drive past sights such as the beautiful Lake Dunstan, Lindis Pass, and the Cromwell wine region, stopping for photos along the way, before arriving in Omarama. Here, spot Merino sheep and sample New Zealand's creamiest chicken pie before continuing to Lake Pukaki, where you can spot several Lord of the Rings filming locations.
Next, get ready for the adventure of a lifetime with a Tasman Glacier Heli Hike. Combine the excitement of walking on New Zealand’s biggest glacier with the stunning scenic helicopter fly-bys of New Zealand’s largest mountain, Aoraki/Mt Cook. After flying to a remote part of the glacier, follow your guide as they cut steps in the glacier, using skills handed down from New Zealand's mountain pioneers. Finish your hike with another spectacular scenic flight back to the base.
After your flight, stop for a quick photo stop in Mount Cook village before continuing to High Country Salmon, a local salmon farm, where you can feed the fish and taste some of the freshest salmon in New Zealand. Stop at Mrs. Jones Suncrest Orchard to try or buy her delicious local fruit or real fruit ice cream before returning to Queenstown with your group.
- Tasman Glacier hike
- All equipment
- 2 helicopter flights
- Bottled water
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Charged Smartphone
Know before you go
- This tour involves a substantial amount of walking
- Please dress appropriately, with layers, as weather can change quickly in the mountains
- This tour may be canceled after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements or in case of poor weather conditions, in which case you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Strollers can be accommodated
- Children 7 years and below are required to travel in a child safety car seat (available to borrow)