Stroll through Bowling Green's two-story Historic Railpark and Train Museum. Follow your guide through the golden era of railroading as you discover five train cars dating back to 1911.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Valid 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Visit the landmark Train Depot built in 1925 and learn how the original depot influenced the city in the Civil War
- Hear stories of the railways and the people involved from knowledgable guides
- See how mail was delivered by train for nearly 150 years aboard the Railway Post Office
- Witness the luxury of the L&N presidential train car, built in 1911
- Museum entry
- 45-minute to 2-hour guided tour
- Food and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
After you enter through the gift shop, staff will show you the door where the museum begins. Present your GetYourGuide voucher and you will be assigned the next available tour. Meet your tour guide 5 minutes before your scheduled tour on the first floor of the museum at the wooden benches.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- While the museum does have an elevator and is accessible, the guided train car tour is not accessible for those with mobility impairments.
- The trains in the museum are immobile; there is no riding aspect to the tour.
- The museum is closed the following holidays: New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
- Museum hours differ in the winter season. November-April: closed on Mondays, open Tuesday-Saturday 10:00 AM-4:00 PM, and Sunday 1:00 PM-4:00 PM. May-October: open Monday-Saturday 9:00 AM-6:00 PM and Sunday 1:00-4:00 PM.
- November 1–April 30 scheduled tour times (subject to change, please check upon arrival): Sunday – 1:15 PM, 2:15 PM, 3:15 PM; Monday – Closed;
- Tuesday to Saturday – 11:15 AM, 1:15 PM, 2:15 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:15 PM