This walking tour through the wide streets of Eixample is a foray into a turbulent time. Discover the palaces and beautiful houses that espouse the ideals of Modernism as constructed from stone, ceramic, and glass.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- German, English
- Wheelchair accessible
- Private group
- Experience an entertaining, exciting, and informative German-language tour of Eixample
- Discover the beautiful buildings and Art Nouveau palaces
- Let the magic of Modernism enchant you and see the Golden Square
- Immerse yourself in the history of this unique and magical city
- Travel to the 19th century and discover what happened when Barcelona threw off its shackles
- Get to know the secret side of this multi-facetted metropolis full of contrasts
- Hear history and anecdotes from your tour guide
- City tour
- U-Bahn (subway) ticket
- Entry fees
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Plaza de Urquinaona, in front of the Theater BorrásOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- This tour is a 3- weather tour and runs in sun, rain, and wind - even strong showers.
- In summer, don't forget a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. A little bottle of water can't hurt either. A jacket or thin coat should suffice in the winter months.
- The tour is a relaxed walk; no need to rush. There is always time to stop for photos, and no one will begrudge you a bathroom break.
- To experience the unique groups around the city up close, the guide sticks to streets and squares on this city tour. Admire monuments from their exteriors; museum visits and interior explorations (with a couple of exceptions) are not part of the program.