Experience the fascinating volcanic landscape of Auckland and get a taste of Maori history on this half-day private tour with a local guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, German
- Pickup included
- Your guide will be standing outside your cruise ship with a sign with your name on it.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Private group
- Discover firsthand why Auckland is called the City of Sails
- Visit the historic Bastion Point
- Enjoy panoramic views over the Hauraki Gulf
- Climb up Maungakiekie, the second largest volcano in Auckland
- Stroll through a magical city rainforest
Discover a different side of Auckland on a sightseeing tour with a local guide.
Meet your guide in your hotel lobby or cruise ship terminal and hop in the air-conditioned van that will take your first stop. Start your day with a short walk through the mystic rainforest in the city.
Next, visit the historic Bastion Point and find out why Auckland is called the 'City of Sails'. At Orakei Marae, learn more about Maori history and the Ngati Whatua tribe. Later, stop at a seaside village and enjoy fantastic views of Auckland's largest volcano, Rangitoto, and Brown's Island.
Finally, visit Maungakiekie, the second largest volcano in Auckland and a place of remembrance for both the Maori and European people of New Zealand. Enjoy incredible views over the Hauraki Gulf, Auckland City, and Rangitoto, from the peak of One Tree Hill before heading back to your hotel.
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Licensed driver/guide
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Local taxes
- Personal expenses
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Comfortable clothes