Take the essential city tour of Athens with your own privately booked guide! See the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum, as well as plenty of highlights of Athens.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 5.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Private group
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Your guide will be waiting for you with an orange Athens Walking Tours sign inside of the Syntagma metro station, one level down, by the ticket validating machines located underneath the big central hanging clock. Please be at the meeting point by 9:15 am. The tour starts at 9:30 am.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Please wear comfortable shoes, and bring a hat and a bottle of water (also available for purchase on the way). Bring a sweater if you are visiting in the early spring or autumn.
- Entrance fees are not included. The Acropolis, the Temple of Zeus and the Acropolis Museum Tickets cost €31 for adults and €16 for students.
- The tour duration is 5,5 hours, which includes around 70 minutes of walking. The distance covered is around 2 miles, with many stops in shady corners.
- The walking pace is moderate and suitable for everyone.
- The tour is conducted in English (unless another language agreed).
- There are restrooms along the route.