Join this two-day tour and travel from Athens, the mother of western civilization, to one of the most significant Monastic communes in Greece, the world heritage monument of UNESCO Meteora.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Greek
- Small group
- Limited to 18 participants
Select participants and date
Important: you must take the train yourself from the Central Railway Station of Athens (Stathmos Larissis) at 7:00 AM, departing for Kalambaka. Your guide will meet you holding a sign with your name on at the main entrance of Kalambaka Train Station, Kondili 59, Lárisa 412 22.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Alcohol and drugs
- Sleeveless shirts
- Short skirts
Know before you go
- You will receive the train tickets by email. Please be at the train station in Athens 30-minutes before the train departure time
- You will travel by train on your own and will meet the group at the Kalabaka train station; the guide will help you check in at the hotel
- There is a maximum of 13 people for the tour on Meteora. Children under 3 years old go free if they share a seat with their parent on the minibus.
- The guide will give you information about the monasteries but will not escort you into them
- Due to local regulations, you must pay a hotel tax (between €1.50 and €4) at the hotel
- At the monasteries men must wear trousers and a t-shirt or a shirt with sleeves and women must wear a long skirt
- Please be ready and wait at the reception area at least 10 minutes before the appointment time
- Credit cards are not accepted for paying the monastery's entrance fees
- Animals are not allowed to enter the monasteries.