7. From Abraão, Ilha Grande: Full-Day Tour Around the Island
Discover one of the most paradisiacal places in Brazil, with clear blue water and idyllic landscapes, on a full-day boat tour around Ilha Grande. Explore the open sea and the breathtaking south coast, home to the most preserved and sparsely populated beaches, as well as the island's colonial history.
Meet your group at the meeting point in Abraão, and depart for a full day in nature. During the day, make 5 stops at different beaches, each of about 50 minutes. A further stop is also made at Maguariquessaba for an optional lunch (not included in the tour). At the end of the tour, return to the meeting point in Abraão Village.
The beaches visited are:
• Caxadaço. Discover a small, 15-meter (49-foot) long, wild, deserted, and mystical beach with fine sand, and golden and black tones. A small stream of natural drinking water flows into it, and it's surrounded by rugged hills with dense vegetation
• Dois Rios. Feel invited for a swim by the blue-green resplendent waters and the waves that form with the wind of the open sea. This beach is suitable for surfing and fishing
• Parnaioca. Visit one of the most secluded beaches in all of Ilha Grande. Facing the Atlantic with its yellowish and coarse sand, this beach has rough sea but also, at the west end, a small lagoon is formed on the beach by the charming Paranaioca River that flows into it
• Aventureiro. Marvel at what, according to many opinions, is the most heavenly place on Ilha Grande. Also find the most famous coconut tree on Ilha Grande here, the "lying coconut tree,” the postcard of the island.
• Dos Meros. Admire one of the most isolated beaches on the island, accessible only by boat. Enjoy the whiteness of the fine sand set against the green of the woods and sea, one of the most beautiful locations on the island.