Visit the famous Zaanse Schans windmill village, walk past rows of wooden houses in Volendam, and discover how Dutch cheese is traditionally made on this fully guided day trip from Amsterdam.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 1 hour in advance for a full refund
- Duration 6.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, German
Select participants and date
Meet your guide in front of Grand Cafe 1884. The cafe is a 6-minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station. From the front of Amsterdam Central Station (Stationsplein), looking away from the station, turn left and walk east. Keep walking and cross the small bridge. Continue walking until you reach the DoubleTree by Hilton hotel. Turn left and follow the walkway underneath the railway crossing. Grand Cafe 1884 is on your right after the crossing.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Children aged 3 and under go free of charge.
- For the private option: do not book a ticket for children aged 3 and under during the booking process. Please state how many children aged 3 and under will be present in your party during the booking process in order to reserve spots for them in the vehicle
- This tour involves a small amount of walking
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions