The perfect way to appreciate the vast remoteness and spectacular dawn colours of the Australian outback. Wildlife, particularly big red kangaroos are seen nearly every day as your balloon floats over spinifex grasses, mulga scrub and cattle stations.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Pickup included
- Pick-up from any hotel, resort, caravan park or hostel in Alice Springs.
- Experience the spectacular dawn colours of the Australian outback from a hot air balloon
- Enjoy a glass of sparkling wine and light refreshments in the bush
- Admire the rugged MacDonnell Ranges
- Return transfers
- Balloon flight
- Light refreshments with sparkling wine
- Commemorative flight certificate
- Mandatory Civil Aviation Authority Insurance charge of $30 per person – payable directly to the tour operator on the morning of the tour
- People with mobility impairments
- Pregnant women
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Know before you go
- Safety is our primary concern and on the rare occasion that a passenger is prevented from flying due to weather conditions, a full refund applies.
- No fee is charged for cancellations more than 24 hours before the flight.
- Children must be 6 years or older & accompanied by an adult.
- Daily departures except for 25 December, 26 December and 1 January.
- Suitable clothing (not white), enclosed shoes and a hat are recommended. It is no colder in the balloon than on the ground but it can be chilly before sunrise. A light jacket is recommended from April to October and during mid winter very warm clothes may be necessary.