Enjoy an overnight stay in the middle of the penguin colony and sleep in a quirky treehouse, cabin, or cozy private rooms. Enjoy the safe swimming beach just outside your door or explore the surrounding and secluded landscapes.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, French
- Small group
- Limited to 15 participants
Select participants and date
Meet at 8 Rue Balguerie, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand. Please arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts and have your food for the next 24 hours organised. We offer a safe private car park just outside Akaroa so feel free to ask for it if you would like to use it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Flash photography
Know before you go
- Please note that these penguins are wild animals, there is no guarantee that you will see them or a guarantee of how many there will be
- Safe, off-street parking is available during your stay
- There is a communal kitchen at the accommodation that you are welcome to use to prepare your food. The kitchen is fully equipped with 2 electric ranges, pots, cutleries, toasters, and electric jugs