Visit the former Nazi concentration camps Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II - Birkenau on a guided walking tour. See the popular Salt Mine, listed on the UNESCO Cultural and Natural World Heritage List.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 11 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- Please arrive at the meeting point 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. You will receive the exact pickup time by E-mail, text message, or WhatsApp message the evening before the day of the trip.
- Private group available
Select participants and date
Meet at the tourist bus stop next to "Poczta Główna" building.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
- Sleeveless shirts
- Alcoholic drinks in the vehicle
Know before you go
- Vegetarian and vegan meals are available for the lunch options
- Please provide your full name and contact details when booking; please bring your passport or ID card to ensure.
- Maximum luggage/bag/purse/backpack size is 30x20x10cm (A4 sheet size).
- Please inform the supplier if your child is less than 150cm tall so that a child seat can be prepared.
- From March 2020, new guidelines mean booking in advance is the only way to ensure you are able to visit. It is generally possible to change your ticket date and time after purchase if necessary.
- Please dress modestly (out of respect for the deceased) and according to the weather
- The temperature in the Salt Mine is around 14-15 degrees Celsius - you will spend around 2-2.5 hours over there, please dress accordingly
- Time of departure is approximate and may change up to 3 hours
- There are 800 steps to climb of which 350 at the beginning take you down into the mine. There's a lift to the top of the mine at the end of the route