3. Sapa: 3 Days 3 Nights Trek & Hotel with Overnight Train
Day 0: Transfer from Hanoi to Lao Cai by overnight train
- At 9pm you need to be at Hanoi station (120 Lê Duẩn street) where you board the overnight train from Hanoi to Lao Cai. The train leaves at 10pm. Enjoy the night on the train and reach your destination in the next beautiful morning.
Day 1: Sapa center - Cat Cat village (L,D)
- Morning: Meet your tour guide at the train station then to Sapa at 6am. Then, indulge in breakfast at your hotel before taking a walk around Sapa, visiting the market and old cathedral, and meet Black H’mong and Red Zao ethnic minorities selling handicrafts. A walk down to the South-west of Sapa (around 4 km) to visit Cat Cat village of the Black H’mong. Relax at the foot of the stunning waterfall and the vestige of a hydroelectric power station that was constructed by the French during colonial time in Vietnam. Enjoy picnic lunch by the side of the river, and then next 3 km to Sin Chai, the village located at the foot of Fansipan Mountain, “the roof of Vietnam and Indochina”. From here you can enjoy huge stunning landscapes before climbing up on the way back to Sapa.
- Evening: After dinner, you are free to explore the charm of Sapa by night, enjoy roasted corn, baked eggs beside a charcoal fire or go shopping.
- Overnight in Sapa Hotel ( 3 stars hotel)
Day 2: Sapa – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van (B,L,D)
- Morning: Have breakfast in hotel. And then 6km of walking down to the south east of Sapa along the side of Muong Hoa valley to Y Linh Ho village of the Black H’mong. Continue on 2km of trekking down to Lao Chai village of the H’mong.
- Enjoy a cooking class and lunch at a local family, and then walk through terraced rice fields to Ta Van village of the Dzay minority people where we stay for the night. It gives you a worth chance for you to learn about the local house architecture which is full of their daily life styles and exclusive custom. Enjoy the landscapes.
- Overnight in a local homestay
Day 3: Ta Van – Giang Ta Chai – Su Pan – Sapa (B,L,D)
- After breakfast, continue on trekking to visit 2 villages of the red Dzao, the H’mong. Visit a beautiful waterfall and rattan bridge. Enjoy landscapes… through bamboo forest to the main road to catch the Car to return to Sapa.
- If any roads are too far or too difficult to trek, we can go by electric car or motorbikes.
- Afternoon: around 2pm you’ll be back and pack your things. Say good bye and preapre to leave Sapa, get on the limousine back to Hanoi at 2.30pm.
- Evening: around 9-10pm drop off at your hotel in Hanoi. End of tour